We love London. It has a great feel and so much to see and do while you are there. From the architecture to the countryside, London simply can’t be done in a day. So from tips about the tubes to what you should pack, we are bringing you our ever growing list of things you should know about traveling to London, England.
- Most of the museums are free to enter. Special exhibits might be an extra charge. The museums are worth seeing and a great way to spend a rainy day.
- Dining can be expensive. We suggest taking advantage of free breakfasts in the hotel if they offer it, grabbing a snack at the grocery stores or making a lunch to go, and look for restaurants with happy hours.
- Grab an Oyster Card (which is FREE, with a small refundable deposit) from a Tube Station and use it! Cabs are expensive and often very uncomfortable. Uber is available but is sometimes unreliable.
- Book your sightseeing trips ahead of time. Tours book up fast and walk-ins are not suggested.
- Keep your passport with you or a copy in your wallet.
- Don’t confuse London Bridge with Tower Bridge. You’d be surprised at how often that’s done. Tower bridge is the beautiful one and Tower is just a basic bridge.
- Book sightseeing tours, attractions, activities and things to do with City-Discovery.com
- The weather can be wet and sometimes humid. Make sure you pack for all weather.
- You will do a LOT of walking in London. But be careful, while it is a walking city, crossing the street can be very dangerous.
Articles About London
- 5 Things You Must See While in London
- Coffee Crawl – London
- Top 10 Countries With A Rich Culture For
- Traveling In 2018
- 5 Things You Must Pack – London, England
- Lyme Traveling to London
- To London and Back!
- Traveling Through The Fear
Our Favorite Travel Blog Posts about London
- The Lonely Planet – London
- Tips for Traveling London on a Budget
- 30 Travel Tips You Need To Know Before Visiting London
- Unusual Places to Eat Out In London