I can’t believe that it’s been 2 years since I made the commitment that I was going to open an Etsy shop. I wanted to do something for myself and try something new. I know I tend to do a lot of crazy things, and I am always coming up with a new plan. But starting Morning Tempest Studios has been one of the best things I have done for myself.
2 years and over 300 sales later, I love that when people ask what I do I can give them my business card and tell them… ” I make monsters. ”
I love sitting in my office, surrounded by things I love and listen to my favorite music as I come up with what’s next. I love knowing that I make a connection with other people around the world. I have had such a great time learning about the little ones and even a few of the big ones!
Now I run a great little shop full of monsters. Run 2 awesome blogs, twitter, Facebook, and thanks to my awesome side-kick Sara, I am not doing this weird.. tumblr thing.
Looking through photos I just have to shake my head sometimes as I look at how far I have come in 2 years. I have learned to take better photos for my items, learned not to scream and lay in the floor kicking when I screw something up and have to start over, and most of all I have learned that I can do anything I want to do.
So what’s next?
I am thinking of writing a book…
What do you think?
- Do you know where we are? (morningtempest.com)
- Morning Tempest’s Blog of the Week: Sassy Shuga’s Place (morningtempest.com)
- MTS – Design of the Week ” Tangerine “ (morningtempest.com)
- Shop of the Week:Lemons with a Pea (morningtempest.com)
- Friday’s Baby – Luna Bella Photography (morningtempest.com)
- New Designs! (morningtempest.com)