Everyday there is a new report about the widespread coronavirus pandemic. My family and I have been in quarantine for a few weeks. All of this has made me feel like I just can't get the house or my family clean enough, but then I start to worry about the environmental damage from all of the cleaning products. There is so much single-use plastic being used and tossed into the trash every day, packages delivered in plastic bags and huge plastic containers that are just tossed into the landfills.
So how do we tackle plastic pollution? We tackle what we can change right now.
We have switched to Dropps laundry and dish detergents in our home.
I love that they use water soluble film for their pods that dissolves smoothly to break down to water and carbon dioxide. This means it is healthier for my septic system and the environment.
They have an easy to use monthly subscription that is delivered right to our door.
We don't have to think about adding it to our shopping list or trying to locate them in the isles. I don't know how many of you have tried ordering delivery groceries, but it is TERRIBLE! So having a reliable shipment is very important to me, and I think that long after we are rid of Covid-19 the way we shop in our family is forever changed.
We love the gentle cleaning that is easy on the skin with few ingredients.
Their detergent is gentle on skin and their Sensitive Skin detergent is fragrance-free and dye-free. My middle son, Mike, was known as “The Rash King” in our family because everything would send his skin into bloody rashes. Finding detergent that wouldn't break his skin out when he was little was difficult and expensive.
Dropps Sensitive Skin Laundry Detergent pods are affordable, even for a family as large as ours!
Let's talk about Dropps. We have been using their products for a couple of weeks and I'm excited to share them with you. In celebration of Earth Day, we also have news about how to save money while saving the Earth. Let's dig in and talk about Dropps!
Not only is Dropps they are great company with wholesome products, but they sponsor our blog so we can continue to bring you FREE content. So if you would like to try them, please use our link and let me know how you like them!
I love the simple packaging. It is 100% recyclable and USABLE! They don't use shipping boxes, you just simply flip them out and off you go. I was nerding out about their packaging when they arrived.
Since the arrival of Covid-19, I've been thinking more and more about the spread of germs. So we have a “quarantine protocol” for all packages. When we get a delivery that we put into our “time out” area ( with gloves on )before it gets sprayed with Lysol and dried before it comes into the house.
Dropps comes in small boxes and aren't boxes inside a box.
I love that Dropps has announced that they are providing carbon neutral shipping on all orders through their purchase of carbon offsets to cover their direct and indirect carbon emissions.
Click here to check out the EPA’s website for more information on greenhouse gases and how to calculate your own environmental footprint!
I believe that all things are connected, and while we might be trying to find our way to a new normal, living in the times of pandemics and world economic crisis, we have the opportunity to make the planet a better place for future generations by making changes now.
We have the chance to look at how we are living and the choices we made when we were out in the world and do better.
We need to support companies that are making the effort to address the global plastic epidemic, reduce their carbon footprints, and contribute to the rejuvenation of our planet.
A Word About Covid-19 and Dropps:
Many retailers are selling out of cleaning supplies and others are closing their doors. Dropps has promised not to raise their prices and engage is surge pricing.
They can't promise that every item will always be in stock, but they are shipping orders without delay and restocking quickly.
Check this out:
COVID-19 Update 4/7/2020
Here's what we're doing for employees:
- Our top concern is ensuring the health and safety of our employees.
- We offer paid sick leave, paid (50%) childcare leave, and paid leave of absence for vulnerable team members
- Provision of masks, gloves, sanitizer and hand soap
- Cleaning & disinfecting our workplaces every hour
- Social distancing as much as possible
- Shipping partners are not allowed to enter our warehouse
- COVID-19 preparedness training (https://www.stopcovid.co/)
- Temperature testing and recording every morning
- Remote work for non-warehouse employees
Here's what we're doing for customers:
- We’re prioritizing delivery for existing and new subscription customers to ensure no disruption to ongoing wash plan subscriptions
- While other retailers are raising prices on in-demand items, we will never engage in surge pricing
Here's what we are doing for our communities:
- We're donating laundry detergent to hospitals and healthcare workers to meet increased laundry demands.
The average family could use Dropps laundry pod for 15 years and have the same footprint as one plastic jug of laundry detergent in a landfill!
- A clear mission to eliminate single plastic use
- Recyclable and compostable cardboard packaging
- Eco-responsible AND economical. Dropps is many times less expensive than traditional laundry and dish detergents
- Partnered with Oceana to educate consumers about global plastic pollution
- Plant-based ingredients
- No animal testing
- No dyes or fillers
- Formulated for sensitive skin
- Powerful cleaning capability
- Convenient, carbon neutral shipping straight to your door
To learn more about Dropps and to give them a try, click the button below.