How to Use CBD to Treat Anxiety
Anxiety is an unpredictable disorder, and you never know when it will strike. While there are medications for managing anxiety, natural remedies may be a more effective and healthier option.
Cannabidiol is among the recommended ways of putting anxiety under control naturally. Science speaks in favor of that, and you can find studies that proved its anxiolytic effects. CBD is one of the main components of cannabis, but it is also antipsychotic and neuroprotective, which means it can protect your brain cells from oxidative stress.
If you did some cannabis research, you probably heard of CBD oil. Those who want to avoid vaping and stick to low THC amounts while ensuring high levels of CBD in their marijuana products often resort to this way of consuming the plant.
Cannabidiol that can be found in tinctures is derived via the extraction process. After extracting it from hemp plants using a solvent, the manufacturers remove the solvent and then use sesame or another type of oil to dilute CBD. That also boosts its taste without affecting the potential effectiveness of the oil.
Here is why you should consider using CBD oil:
- You should feel its effects relatively quickly. Half an hour or less should be enough to reduce your anxiety with the oil if you use the method of placing it under the tongue.
- Using a dropper allows you to determine the exact dosage easily. It would help if you still started with caution until you find your tolerance level.
- CBD oil usually contains cannabidiol that has a high purity and quality level.
When using the tincture, make sure to hold it under the tongue for approximately 30 seconds, and then swallow it. While that applies to CBD drops, you can also use tincture spray by applying it to the inside of the cheeks. Begin with one spray and see where that takes you before increasing the dose.
Edibles are a popular mode of consuming CBD. CBD products that have already been infused with cannabidiol or hemp CBD oil can be tasty and easy to use. Alternatively, you can take your favorite food or beverage and add cannabis yourself. That way, you have the option of adding shatter or any other strain you prefer using.
Here are the major benefits of CBD edibles:
- You probably won’t feel any CBD flavor or aroma because it will be hidden away in the meal. In other words, you can enjoy both your favorite foods and the effects of cannabidiol.
- You have a wide variety of choices to choose from, even when it comes to ready-made edibles.
- The most popular forms are sweets and beverages. When it comes to the former, you can choose between candies, gummies, and chocolate, as well as brownies or cookies. As for drinks, juices and cocktails of various flavors are available.
The downside of edibles is that you will have to be patient to see their effectiveness. They might take an hour or two to find their way into your body and do their magic. That may not be the best option when you need to control your anxiety quickly.
Capsules and Topicals
You can also consume cannabidiol in the form of pills. The time for the capsules to work might stretch to over an hour, which doesn’t make them ideal for anxiety.
As for topicals, you apply them directly to your skin. While they may be quick-acting and suitable for managing pain, they are not absorbed into the entire body, limiting their anxiety effectiveness.
The Bottom Line
Cannabidiol is among the most effective cannabinoids and parts of the marijuana plant. You can use it to relieve pain and boost your mood and manage anxiety.
CBD effectiveness will depend on how you consume it. But if you are looking to feel better and more relaxed overall, you can also try a wide range of available edibles.