Hey Everyone! We know a lot of you are packing up for some last minute summer adventures. Don't forget these packing essentials!
We gathered a few essential tips for your last minute getaway!
When I go on a solo travel trip, I don’t want my backpack heavy and full of unnecessary things. But I always make a list of essential things depending on where I am going, how long the trip will be, and personal needs.
Choosing the Right Bag Last Minute getaways
Finding the right bag is important. Rolling bags with wheels are easy to pull along and won't wear you out before the adventure begins.
Travel backpack are convenient, just a bit bigger than regular backpacks, yet lighter in weight.
Choose What You Bring Wisely
Travel light and efficiently so you can hop on buses easily instead of taking an expensive taxi.
We always suggest that you keep a travel diary. Sort out the travel plans and write them down. List everything you are planning to do.
Soft cotton T-shirts, pants, skirts, etc. are essential for a comfortable journey. Depending on weather and travel destination, pack the appropriate clothes at a limited amount. We always pack a sweatshirt or a jacket, because you can't always control the temperature indoors or out.
Travel Packing Checklist
Let’s dig more on the topic. Items you need to pack for last minute travel.
- Undershirts or bras
- T-shirts or shirts – (3 or 4 pieces)
- Pants – (2 or 3 pieces)
- Bathing Suits
- Sunglasses or glasses
- Toothbrush and toothpaste
- Shampoo or conditioner
- Anti-mosquito cream
- Shaving kits
- Hairband or hair ties
- Body spray
- First aid kit – Bandages, painkillers, prescriptions, motion sickness tablets, diarrhea or allergy medicines, antibacterial cream, etc. are
Don't forget your cell phone, charger, tablet, laptop, earbuds, and backup battery charger.
We also suggest a door stopper to create a bonus safety layer while you keep your things in the hotel room. The door stopper allows anyone not to enter the room without your concern.
There can be thieves, pickpockets out there. So, purchase a money belt or use the hidden pocket in the clothes to hide money or other small size important things such as business cards, credit or debit cards, etc.
For the Ladies
Packing should be as light as you can carry alone. Here is a small items checklist for a woman:
- Shoes (not more than two pairs) Bring along good walking shoes and something cute if you like. But make sure your footwear is functional for a lot of walking.
- Feminine Products for “Unplanned Visits By Aunt Flo” because sometimes travel brings unexpected outcomes.
Before You Leave Tips:
- When you are about to go out of your home, lock all the doors and check the windows.
- Pause any home service you regularly have.
- Manage alternative care for your pets.
- Pre-book your hotel rooms where you can stay safe.