So let's get this started!!
Hibiscus tea is caffeine-free, so for those of you like myself who want something great to drink without the caffeine. We love this tea hot or cold. As a cold drink, the notes of sweet, tart, mouthwatering fruit are perfect for hot days. This tea is full-bodied, deep red in color, and provides a natural source of antioxidants and Vitamin C. The longer you can let the tea steep, the better the flavor.
- 2 hibiscus tea bags
- 2 cups hot water
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add tea bags to hot water and stir. I like to use quart mason jars because they are great for adding hot ingredients and they look great.
- Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes. This gives the tea a really beautiful color and flavor.
- Remove the tea bags and allow the tea to cool completely. If you are going to sweeten the tea, you can do this while the water is hot.
- Now combine ice and apple juice and vanilla.
- Make sure you stir thoroughly. Add water to taste.