The sun keeps poking through the clouds. Which is just what I need to liven up my garden and make some fresh fruit tea. I had some strawberries that needed to be used and it pairs perfectly with a light white tea. I also wanted a light lemon flavor so I tossed in a few lemon slices and it came out perfectly. Making tea is so easy. I love how creative you can be with it. This recipe features white tea. It is so light and good for you. We love using white tea in our spring and summer drinks. You can find white tea in most grocery stores in the tea section. However, we REALLY love The Tea Spot for their amazing collection of teas, especially flavored teas like Strawberry Fields, that we love in this recipe. The longer you can let the tea steep, the better the flavor. And this drink is great even without the simple syrup. So if you are cutting calories or prefer it less sweet, just skip that. Enjoy!
- 2 white tea bags
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 pumps simple syrup
- 1/2 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup lemon sliced
- Add tea bags to hot water and stir. I like to use quart mason jars because they are great for adding hot ingredients and they look great.
- Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes. This gives the tea a really beautiful color and flavor.
- Remove the tea bags and allow the tea to cool completely. If you are going to sweeten the tea, you can do this while the water is hot.
- Now add in your fruit and let this sit outside in the sun for a couple of hours to really bring out the flavors.
- When you are ready to drink this, I always pour it over ice in my glass. I love it cold!
Click to rate this post!
[Total: 0 Average: 0]