6 Essential CBD Infused Cocktails
Everyone is talking about the incredible healing power of CBD oil. We have 6 delicious recipes infused with CBD to heal your body and soothe your soul.
The holidays are here, and it’s time to relax with friends and family. Be the hit of the night with these yummy fun drinks.
CBD infused cocktails are popping up all over the country in speakeasies and trendy pubs. Now we are sharing some of their secret recipes!
This post contains affiliate links that help bloggers like myself to earn a living without costing you a penny. Support your favorite bloggers by shopping their links.
Why Mix CBD with Alcohol?
CBD won’t get you high, but mixed with alcohol, it will give you a happy relaxed feeling.
Zsolt “George” Csonka is the owner and a bartender at the first New York City CBD-inspired cafe, Adriaen Block. Csonka spoke with Food and Wine Magazine. He shared his inspiration for the special blend as, “a different kind of ‘buzz’ for a relaxed state of mind.”
Sounds very chill!
CBD is naturally a relaxant. Some people start to feel down from alcohol, but infusing your beverage with CBD may help generate serotonin to assist in the mellowing those emotions out. It is also perfect for people with social anxiety.
What are tinctures?
CBD Oil Tinctures are the herbal liquid extracted from hemp plant, which is very rich in cannabidiol and can be taken orally or mixed in drinks. This gives you quick results.
Now that you know why you should try drinking CBD cocktails let’s get to making them.
Here are our 6 favorite CBD cocktail recipes.
1.CBD Tranquil Mint Julep
Nothing takes the tension off everyday problems like having a date night with a CBD Tranquil Mint Julep. By using a mint CBD tincture, you get a delicious drink and kissable breath!
- 2 ½ ounces of bourbon
- ½ ounce of simple syrup
- 1 milliliter of mint CBD tincture
- 2 drops organic peppermint essential oil (Optional)
- Mint leaves for garnish
- Pour mint CBD tincture into a chilled julep cup.
- Add the simple syrup and optional organic peppermint essential oil.
- Give the mixture a swirl and then throw some mint leaves into the cup.
- Muddle the mint leaves in your mix.
- Pour the bourbon over everything.
- Top off the beverage with some pebble ice.
- Add mint leaves for garnish and enjoy!
2. CBD for the Cosmos
Cosmopolitans are about kicking back and celebrating — not to mention, they’re delicious. Make happy hour even happier by adding in an orange CBD tincture. Here’s a new spin on an old faithful, with our CBD for the Cosmos!
- ½ ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 ounce cranberry juice
- ½ ounce Cointreau or triple sec
- 1 ½ ounces vodka
- 1 milliliter orange CBD tincture
- Orange peel for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker, mix the lime juice, cranberry juice, triple sec or Cointreau, and vodka.
- Shake up the concoction.
- Open up and add the orange CBD tincture to the mix and shake again.
- Add ice.
- Give the shaker a vigorous shake for around 20 seconds.
- Once the shaker feels cold, you’re good to go.
- Place a strainer over the mouth of your shaker and pour into a chilled martini glass.
- Garnish with an orange twist.
Throwing a party and want to give your drink of the night a nice CBD kick? Look no further than sangria! Sangria is a party favorite because it’s easy to make, it’s cheap, and everyone likes it. Plus, there’s delicious fruit floating in the drink that tastes great…and will get you feeling pretty nice too. Here’s how to make our CBgria!
- 1 apple
- 1 lime
- 1 lemon
- 1 orange
- ½ cup of orange juice
- 1 cup of cranberry juice
- 3 cups red wine
- 2 cups seltzer
- 1 milliliter lemon CBD Tincture
- Prep the fruits by slicing the citrus fruits into wheels and the apples into chunks.
- Add all of the ingredients into a pitcher and serve cold.
4. Gin & Chronic
This is the perfect after-dinner wind-down that will have you feeling hydrated and full of effervescent spirit, from the publication, Goop!
- 1 ½ ounce gin
- 3 ½ ounces tonic water
- ¼ ounce lemon juice
- 1 milliliter CBD oil
- Aromatics for garnish recommendations:
- Edible Flowers
- Grapefruit Peel
- Lime Wheel
- Combine gin, lemon juice and tonic water in a wine glass.
- Top the concoction off with ice.
- Place the aromatic garnishes on the top.
- Pour CBD oil on top, so it floats.
Want something warm and cozy to sit by the fire with? Make yourself a delicious CBD chai. The earthy tones of natural CBD tinctures will complement this beverage. It can be made either virgin or with alcohol so you can relax.
- 1 cup milk of your choice (We prefer hemp milk or unsweetened soy.)
- 1 milliliter plain CBD tincture
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons honey or agave
- Dash of nutmeg
- Cinnamon stick
- Shot of Bailey’s (Optional)
- Place a saucepan on the stove over low heat.
- Pour in milk, vanilla extract, sweetener, and CBD tincture.
- Whisk the mixture together and heat until warmed.
- Once cooked, add in a shot of Bailey’s if you want alcohol.
- Stir with a cinnamon stick and top off with a dusting of nutmeg.
- Pour the milk and honey in, mix and enjoy.
6. Lavender Hot CBDcoa
The winter is here. Why not curl up with a relaxing cup of delicious hot cocoa? Whether you’re aching from a day on the ski slopes or your arthritis has your joints clanking, you can feel like a kid again with this CBD cocktail.
- 1 cup unsweetened soy milk OR full dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon dried lavender
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons organic pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 drops organic lavender essential oil
- 1 milliliter orange CBD tincture
- 1 ounce Grand Marnier
- Bring milk to a boil in a small pot.
- Add in the lavender leaves and cover.
- Allow to steep for about ten minutes.
- Pour the lavender milk into a tea strainer over a blender.
- Blend together with cocoa powder, maple syrup, CBD tincture, Grand Marnier and organic lavender essential oil.
- Once smooth, drink warm.
Thanks to Joy Organics for these festive and fun cocktail recipes.
Firefly Special Offer:
Use our code “Firefly” at check out at Joy Organics to take 15 % off your purchase!