The weather here in Seattle this week is PERFECT. So I wanted to sit outside and work with a nice big glass of lemonade. So, inspired I decided this week’s drink is lemonade!!
- 1 3/4 cups white sugar
- 8 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups lemon juice – real is best, but juice will do in a pinch!
- In a saucepan, combine your white sugar and 1 cup water. Bring to boil and stir to dissolve sugar. This is making your simple syrup. If you already have some on hand, you can skip this step.
- Allow to cool to room temperature, then cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Remove seeds from lemon juice, but leave pulp – this is great for a thick lemonade.
- In your large pitcher, stir together your syrup, lemon juice and remaining 7 cups water. I like to refrigerate this for 2-3 hours. But that’s it.
This takes a tiny bit more work than just stirring powder in a pitcher like we did when I was a kid. But, it’s really good and you can alter the sweetness to your taste!