The weather here in the PNW has been crazy this week. So I wanted something sweet and unique. Have you tried Hibiscus tea? Well this is a sweet vanilla twist with just a hint of apple that brings out the floral notes in the tea along with that ruby red color.
So let’s get this started!!
You can usually find hibiscus tea in most grocery stores in the tea section. I found a really good one there that is just organic hibiscus tea and it is so good. The longer you can let the tea steep, the better the flavor. And this drink is great even without the simple syrup. So if you are cutting calories or prefer it less sweet, just skip that.
- 2 hibiscus tea bags
- 2 cups hot water
- 3 pumps simple syrup
- 1 cup ice
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Add tea bags to hot water and stir. I like to use quart mason jars because they are great for adding hot ingredients and they look great.
- Allow the tea to steep for 5 minutes. This gives the tea a really beautiful color and flavor.
- Remove the tea bags and allow the tea to cool completely. If you are going to sweeten the tea, you can do this while the water is hot.
- Now combine ice and apple juice and vanilla.
- Make sure you stir thoroughly. Add water to taste.