I LOVE pasta night. Mac and Cheese is my comfort food and when I get the chance to make a new cheesey pasta dish I get very hungry!
More and more, I love the flavors of crisp spinach. I didn't used to be a fan but recently my more grown up taste buds have been craving the tenderness of spinach. So for this dish I was happy to find some great local spinach and a use for that jar of artichokes that have been in the pantry for a while.
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tsp minced garlic
- 1 large handful of fresh spinach, washed and dried well.
- 1 large handful of chopped and destemmed rainbow chard or other greens
- 1 8oz jar artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed if marinated
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 4 cups cooked pasta – you can use whatever you have on hand. I happened to have egg noodles!
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- In a large deep pan or Dutch oven, melt the butter. Add garlic, spinach, and artichoke hearts.
- Sauté until spinach is wilted. But not too long.
- Carefully add the milk, salt, and pepper.
- When the milk is almost to a boil add the cooked pasta.
- Stir well.
- Add the cheddar cheese and stir until the cheese is completely melted.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until your cheese golden brown.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before serving to let the cheese settle.